Medicinal fungi, which have been used for several thousand years in China for healing, constitute an essential part of traditional Chinese medicine.
Their beneficial effects are primarily due to the fact that their active substances do not only have healing properties but—thanks to their simple, natural structures—are also more easily digested and absorbed in the body.
The use of natural and safe medicinal fungus extracts can be very beneficial for the health of our beloved pets. Although poisonous fungi do occur in nature, obtaining products from a professional and reliable source guarantees that only the safest and most beneficial species are used.
In many parts of the world, fungi have been in use for centuries to treat a variety of diseases. The experiential knowledge of healers and sages of the past has been validated modern science: according to research, countless fungi contain polysaccharides, lysozymes, and triterpenes with antiviral, antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, anti-allergic, and anti-tumor properties.
The majority of studies on medicinal fungus extracts have been conducted on both animal and human subjects. Medicinal fungus extracts are easy to administer; their side effects are insignificant or nonexistent.
Medicinal fungi are used most often to prevent and treat cancer. According to research studies, medicinal fungus extracts contain substances that modulate various phases of tumorgenesis and carcinogenesis. Since medicinal fungi achieve their effects on cancer cells through various routes and mechanisms via the immune system, their effects can be combined, and in fact may strengthen each other in preventing and treating cancer.
In addition to their phytotherapeutic effects, these special medicinal fungus species also contain various vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and proteins.
Their most common animal applications are
- Kortizon-terápia (adaptogén és májvédő) – a mellékhatások kezelésére
- For recovery or geriatric conditions that result in chronic weakness: muscle atrophy, heart problems, general weakness
- For cancer: by themselves or in addition to chemotherapy (synergistic effect)
- For diabetes
- For severe parasitic infections of puppies and kittens
- For cats and kittens suffering from compromised immune systems (FIV, FIP, FeLV) and upper respiratory infections
- For hepatitis, liver failure, mushroom poisoning
- For Lyme disease
- To supplement treatment with antibiotic or antifungal medications (synergistic effect)
- For kidney problems
- For ocular aging and cataracts
- For inflammation and joint problems
- During cortisone treatment (adaptogen and protects the liver)—to treat side effects
Hence medicinal fungi extracts offer solutions not only to humans but also to animals. Somebody we know successfully used medicinal fungus extracts to treat his pet’s condition. Here is the story:
- A friend of mine has a Hungarian retriever, whom we are also very fond of. Unfortunately, tumors started appearing on her body all of a sudden. My friend was very sad, he tried everything possible to save the dog’s life. She was given chemotherapy and also a few alternative medicinal treatments; but they did not help. Finally, as a last resort, they gave her medicinal mushroom extracts. We could not believe our eyes when we saw the result. The tumors were in places where they were easy to see: on the dog’s neck and legs. We were surprised to see that as soon as she was given medicinal fungus extracts, the tumors disappeared without a trace. It was this experience that reinforced our belief that medicinal fungus extracts are real medicines.
Is the dog well now?
- Yes, she is. She has no problems now. After the treatment with medicinal fungus extracts, she fully recovered.
Gabor Varga, medicinal fungus researcher has also told us about the effects of medicinal fungus extracts on animals.
Is it really the case that medicinal fungus extracts can be used effectively in treating diseases of pets?
- Yes, of course. Keep in mind that most medicines are tested on animals first. If they are effective for them then they are tested on human subjects. This was the same in the case of medicinal fungus extracts. Thus this is not surprising. The products are as effective for people as for pets. We have heard about cats suffering from feline AIDS whose conditions were stabilized and dogs suffering from cancer that recovered.